Our customer is an international company, which builds, implements and maintains digital marketing solutions and infrastructures for clients.
Focus of the position:
Responsible for providing controlling, operational and all accounting activities for one or more entity/entities of the company. The Financial Controller “owns” the entities assigned, and functions as the first level Business Partner to the Country MD.
Overview of job description:
The Financial Controller is responsible for the administration and control of the P&L and balance sheet, including accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Responsible for cash management signaling substantial surpluses and deficits in the bank balances to the CFO. Further supports colleagues in the finance team during holidays and sickness.
1. Responsible for creditor administration
- Ensures that all purchase invoices for approval have been signed by the responsible party.
- Captures in an accurate and timely manner all purchase invoices in Acumatica.
- Checks monthly invoices DoubleClick and ensures the correct direction by load customers.
- Sets monthly creditors list and checks it for completeness and accuracy.
2. Responsible for debtor administration
- Ensures that all invoices are sent correctly and timely.
- Sets monthly debtors list and calling outstanding invoices after.
- Signals details of long outstanding items and discusses them with the Group Financial Controller.
- Answers questions from customers about statements & invoices.
- Checks daily bank statements on payments received and processes these payments in Acumatica.
- Makes weekly reporting of revenue from old outstanding invoices from debtors to the Group Financial Controller.
3. Responsible for ledger administration
- Record keeping administration by group companies including taxes.
- Fixed asset records.
- Establish and monitor suspense accounts.
- Drafting turnover statistics.
- Checking the other operating costs.
4. Control of foreign group companies
- Review monthly reports group companies: connections, coordination and cost control (substantive and procedural).
5. Other accounting tasks
- Prepare payments and communicates with the CFO for sign-off.
- Monitors the bank balances and informs the CFO about any shortages, large revenue (> 25K) or other special items.
- Comes with proposals to solve any liquidity shortages.
- Handles monthly payroll and tax returns.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Good command of Dutch and English spoken and written
- Experience in the Online Marketing field is a big plus
- Strong communication skills and experienced working within an international organisation
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in time management
Salary indication is around €4000-4500 per month.