Fulltime | permanent contract | UK
For an organisation active as a developer, manufacturer and supplier of prebiotic technology, Talent Enterprise is looking for a Head of regulatory Affairs. This international oriented business exists since 2004. It has grown towards being a global market leader within the development and supply of cutting-edge functional products providing both finished products for consumers and wellness solutions for global food, beverage and healthcare companies, operating with a range of strategic partnerships within health institutes, leading Universities and with a number of contract manufacturing organisations.
Having established a very strong R&D platform, the business is currently commercialising its expertise exploring both the Business to Consumer (branded products) and Business to Business (functional ingredients) routes to market. As the company grows its consumer health franchise through next generation pipeline development, it will continue to explore the potential of its unique compound with a view to improving potency through fractionation and separation technologies. Besides the UK and USA, the focus will also be on European and Asia markets.
Entrepreneurial, hands-on, short lines of communication and quick decision making and success define this organisation.
In the role of Head of Regulatory Affairs the focus will be on planning strategy (short and long term) as well as on hands-on work and internal and external support. You will report to the R&D Director. At the moment, the person is this role is the only one responsible for regulatory affairs, but there is a growth ambition for the team. You are expected to take ownership and responsibility in your role as Head of Regulatory Affairs.
- Lead the development and regulatory strategy on an international basis;
- Leadership and support throughout the process of preparation, submission and approval of registration applications for product, health claims and enzymes in global markets;
- Internal point of contact for regulatory input into project work/campaigns/partnerships;
- Provide decision support to the wider business in relation to new and proposed regulations/changes and how they impact on regulatory road maps and strategy planning;
- Achieve regulatory compliance internally for all external materials via the Marketing Approval Program (MAP);
- Active involvement in external Food law (IFST) and Trade Associations (FDF) to help shape legislative decisions and to gain up to date information about regulatory changes.
- A masters diploma and minimum of 4 years working experience in a related role
- A background in food and food supplements, preferably in ingredients with a business to business focus
- Ideally (industry sector) experience in the European, US and Asian markets
- A strong network in the regulatory field
- Ability to prepare strategy plans and present them to the team
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Able to deal with complexity, an entrepreneurial mind and quick strategic thinker
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and solve problems and a desire to achieve
What we can offer you
As the Head of Regulatory Affairs you will get the possibility to help the company grow with your expertise and also focus on your personal development. We will offer a permanent contract from start, with an official probation time as per law. Furthermore we offer:
- Competative salary
- Working hours per week: 37.5, usually between 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Holiday entitlement: 30 days per year
- Company laptop & company phone
- Commuting allowance / mileage expense
- Expenses for required travel fully reimbursed (hotel, meals, flights)
- Flexibility in remote working
Location of employment
Reading – England – United Kingdom
Are you interested in the role of Head of Regulatory Affairs in Reading or do you have questions about the vacancy? –> Contact Anne Kruize, Recruiter at Talent Enterprise.
T: 06 38 07 44 51