– deze vacature is vervuld –
Jan van Dam Global Machine Logistics BV (GML) is the supply chain specialist for the machine industry. With a worldwide reach, Jan van Dam takes care of logistics from the port to the end user’s site, and from the factory to the machine’s final foundation. Either project based or as a complete logistics concept for European distribution.
In addition to shipping, transport, storage and full container handling, GML also takes care of all customs and tax formalities.
In Rotterdam GML has an Warehousing Facility. This facility meets all requirements for customers in need of storage and value-added logistics of machinery equipment and systems that need to be transported worldwide. Additionally, the facility acts as an interconnected hub for the efficient, safe and cost-effective relocation of machinery equipment and systems for companies worldwide.
The position of Key Account Manager
Because GML is expanding, the organization is searching for a Key Accountmanager. The Key Accountmanager will be responsible for the execution of commercial activities as well as for managing operational activities. GML provides a total solution for its international clients by offering an integral, one-stop logistics and warehousing concept. GML operates worldwide and can service clients all around the globe.
Responsibilities for the Key Account Manager
- Maintaining a good relationship with existing customers resulting in recurring business and expansion;
- Leading and partly executing operations for existing customers from a to z;
- Acquisition of new customers on an international scale by focusing on attracting contract logistics (machinery: imports + exports) for the Global Machine Logistics (GML) Warehouse in Rotterdam (Maasvlakte/Port of Rotterdam). Visiting international exhibits and tradefairs is also part of the sales process.
- Implementing new customers into the operations. Monitoring the process from a to z and ensuring that new customers will be serviced according to the agreements made.
The Key Account Manager is experienced in concept selling within a service industry, preferably in the realm of (contract) logistics and expedition.
Other tasks include
- Consistently expanding/accessing/monitoring companies that are in the current prospect database and reporting on their respective status
- Developing new markets
- Creating an overview of relevant industries and trade fairs with the aim of visiting and participating
- Cold acquisition and visiting prospects
- Preparing quotations/contracts/commercial reports
- Setting up, implementing and executing commercial plans
Requirements & Competences
- Minimal Higher Professional Education level (Dutch HBO diploma);
- Strong relationship skills to maintain existing customers and expand business;
- Experienced/proven track record in new business development and cold acquisition;
- Experienced in leading operations in an international logistics/expedition environment;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Experience in and affinity with (contract) logistics (and/or machinery equipment sector);
- Experience with and empathy towards various international business cultures;
- Self-starter and someone who is able to think “out of the box”;
- Persuasion and negotiation skills, being persistent, entrepreneurial and having a process-structured way of working;
- Good communication and social skills;
- Having a senior level with extensive conceptual selling skills;
- Affinity with a family-owned business and belonging culture.Jan van Dam GML is located in Oudewater which is in the Gouda area (Zuid Holland).
What does GML offer?
GML offers an exciting job in a healthy, family-owned company. The organization offers an attractive salary and a company car or reimbursement of travel expenses.
How to apply for this job?
Talent Enterprise (recruitment, interim professionals) recruits candidates for this position.
Please apply online via our website or send your CV and motivation letter. For further information please contact our recruiter: